The Short Version:All information provided by users on the website and / or platform will be considered strictly confidential and will be protected as such by The Smart Cube; The Smart Cube does not sell any information to third parties; and we only use it as this privacy statement describes. Of course, this just is the short version and does not cover all the details, so please read on for additional details. Background: This Policy applies as between you, the User of this Web Site and The Smart Cube, the owner and provider of this Web Site. This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Web Site and any Services or Platforms therein.
1. Terms, Definitions and InterpretationsIn this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Client” means the primary person or organisation purchasing the subscription and/or services of The Smart Cube;
“Account” means collectively the personal information and credentials used by Client to access Material and / or any communications System on the Web Site;
“Data” means collectively all information submitted and/or processed by client users to the Web Site.;
“Site Content” means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Web Site;
“The Smart Cube” means The Smart Cube Limited, No 1. Farriers Yard, 77 Fulham Palace Road, London W6 8JA;
“Service” means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that The Smart Cube makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future;
“Platform” means any online infrastructure that The Smart Cube makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, data management and processing facilities, news feeds, and email links;
“User” / “Users” means any third party that accesses the Web Site and is not employed by The Smart Cube and acting in the course of their employment;
and “Web Site” means the website that you are currently using (https://www.thesmartcube.com) and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
2. Data CollectedWithout limitation, any of the following Data may be collected:
2.2 job title;
2.4 contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
2.5 demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
2.6 IP address (automatically collected);
2.7 web browser type and version (automatically collected);
2.8 operating system (automatically collected);
2.9 a list of URLS starting with a referring site, your activity on this Web Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
2.10 Platform usage statistics (automatically collected);
2.11 Platform error and bug reports (automatically collected);
2.12 High level data trends (automatically collected)
3. Our Use of Data3.1 Any personal Data you submit will be retained by The Smart Cube for as long as you use the Services and Platform provided on the Web Site. Data that you may submit through any communications System that we may provide may be retained for a longer period of up to 6 months.
3.2 Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to Clause 4, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties.
3.3 All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see clause 9 below.
3.4 Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Web Site. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
3.4.1 internal record keeping;
3.4.2 improvement of our products / services;
3.4.3 transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
3.4.4 contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Web Site.
4. Third Party Web Sites and ServicesThe Smart Cube may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment handling, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data and / or data provided by Users of this Web Site.
5. Changes of Business Ownership and Control5.1 The Smart Cube may, from time to time, expand or reduce its business and this may involve the sale of certain divisions or the transfer of control of certain divisions to other parties. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any division so transferred, be transferred along with that division and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was supplied by you.
5.2 In the event that any Data submitted by Users will be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will be given the choice to have your Data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
6. Controlling Access to your Data6.1 All data provided on the Platform can only be accessed through the Platform by authorised users of clients and suppliers;
authorisation and access rights to these users are controlled solely by the Administrator user of the Client. Clients are not able to see other clients’ data.
7. Your Right to Withhold Information7.1 You may access certain areas of the Web Site without providing any Data at all. However, to use all Services and Platform features available on the Web Site you may be required to submit Account information or other Data.